Based on the annual Brand Keys Mother’s Day survey,
- More consumers intend to purchase jewellery (+7 percent over last year)
- More consumers are returning to specialty (+10 percent) and department stores (+10 percent) to shop for Mom
- Visit to discount stores will drop by 2 percent over last year, looks like consumers are feeling better about the economy
- This year consumers indicate slightly more in-person visits (+5 percent)
- Consumers intend to spend an average of $142.00 this year, up five percent from 2009
“Consumers feel a bit better about the economy, so Mom isn’t getting shortchanged this year.Consumers have been shopping smarter and looking for bargains, but gifts this year will likely be a bit more substantial than they have been in the past two years.” said Robert Passikoff, Brand Keys founder and president.