The program is designed to provide pets and their owners the tips and tools they need for a smooth trip from start to finish.
- Pet carrier bag tag – a bag tag will be attached to your pet carrier at check in to let everyone know your pet is ready to jet.
- Travel Petiquette™ – a handy list of JetBlue’s social graces of pet travel.
- TrueBlue® points – you’ll earn two TrueBlue points each way when traveling with your pet.
- JetPaws welcome email – once you book your pet, you will receive a welcome email with useful information such as next steps, Petiquette and travel tips.
- Free Pet Travel Guide – a useful, downloadable e-booklet featuring:The ins and outs of jetting with your pet from the moment you book your flight to your arrival at your final destination, Travel Petiquett & Pet-friendly hotels, restaurants and parks plus animal hospitals in some of JetBlue’s major cities
This is great stuff from JetBlue! I think they’ve hit a bullseye with this. People love Pets, Pets are like family members! and I am impressed to see JetBlue recognize this & put this insight to great use!!!
I’m really impressed by the manner they have extended this loyaty program. Travel products for Pets*, Photo content (up load a picture of your pet for the JetBlue Pet Look-Alike photo contest), Travel Points for Pets, Pet Travel Checklist, etc. In all looks like a great package bundled with lots of fun stuff, great information & more importantly relevant offerings…. With all this in sight I would love to sign up for their loyalty program.
“Travel Points for Pets sounds so coool!”
However, JetBlue has set some rules to make the experience for all travelers a smooth ride.
Here are some of the JetBlue limitations:
- JetBlue accepts up to four small cats or dogs in the cabin of the aircraft on both domestic and international flights.
- The combined weight of the pet and carrier may not exceed 20 pounds.
- Only one pet is allowed per customer and the pet carrier does count as one personal carry-on item.
- For the safety and comfort of all customers, pets must remain in the closed carrier at the airport and in-flight for the entire duration of the trip.
* Jet Blue is working with famous New York Post celebrity columnist Cindy Adams to design the Jet Paws travel carrier and ammenities kit.